DTW North Terminal Closed Amid Suspicious Situation
A hoax call by a man, who left his laptop at a ticket counter of the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, had the airport authorities on their feet.
As reported by Brian Lassaline, Airport spokesperson, a portion of the north terminal of the airport had to be sealed this Saturday, after a suspicious man was arrested, along with his laptop. The authorities claimed they had a situation after the man made some comments that caused concern.
The north terminal, along with its south checkpoint, was partially evacuated at around 3:00 PM and the same was re-opened by 4:30 PM. The airport authorities relayed the message on their official twitter account.
Lassaline said that the north terminal resumed operation, following the clearance of the laptop, though the man was still in custody. He also said that the matter was pending investigation and he had no more details of the same.
What has come out as a possible reason for the sudden evacuation, was a bomb threat. However, Lassaline stated that he had no information as to what had been conveyed to the passengers by the staff at the ticket counter and he, therefore, declined to comment any further.
The situation caused commotion at the airport and led to delay in some flights. It also led to anxiety among the passengers stalled outside.
Such reckless behavior from citizens should not be allowed to go away scot-free. Anyone tampering with a sensitive issue such as security should be properly taken to task.
- Pennsylvania casino representatives urge state lawmakers to limit VGTs & ban illegal skill gaming
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More