Oculus unveils consumer model of its Rift VR headset
Facebook-owned virtual reality (VR) firm Oculus has officially unveiled the consumer model of its Rift VR headset. The unveiling of the headset - which immerses the users in amazingly realistic 3-D environments - comes three years after the public launch of a prototype device.
Taking the wraps off the Rift VR headset at a launch event held in San Francisco on Thursday, Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe announced that the headset will likely be available for purchase in the 2016 first quarter.
Though Oculus has not made any formal disclosure about the likely pricing of the Rift VR headset, it has been earlier stated by the company that the cost of the headset, when paired with all the PC hardware required for running it, will not exceed $1,500.
The Oculus Rift VR headset, which straps around the wearer's head, will come with built-in headphones, a wireless Xbox One controller and an adapter for Windows 10. The device will apparently bring about a transformation in the manner in which people play video games and watch movies.
Explaining the change which Oculus Rift will bring to video-game play and movie-watching, tech website Re/code's Associate Editor Eric Johnson said: "Your entire field of view is the game or is the movie. It's the whole experience."
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More