Oculus VR premieres short animated film – ‘Henry’
Facebook-owned Oculus VR premiered a short, animated film - 'Henry' - on Tuesday. Oculus said that the 'Henry' animated film will be available for free for the buyers of Oculus Rift strap-on virtual reality (VR) headsets when they arrive in retail stores in the first quarter of 2016.
'Henry' is the second short film to be produced by Oculus VR. Earlier this year, the company had premiered its first film - which was titled 'Lost' - at the Sundance Film Festival. 'Henry' has been developed by a team of animators working at Oculus Story Studio.
'Henry' is a Pixar-like story about a spiky hedgehog that is desperately looking for a friend. To put it differently, the hedgehog - in spite of its prickly exterior - simply wants to give out hugs to friends.
The recent premiere of the 'Henry' film by Oculus VR essentially underscores the company's efforts to give an apparent jump-start to Hollywood's interest in virtual reality by developing short films of its own.
Meanwhile, so far as games for the Oculus Rift VR headset are concerned, Oculus' founder Palmer Luckey said during the course of an interview at the "Henry' premiere on Tuesday that though the company has produced some of its own games, it wants that the vast majority of content on its headsets should be developed by outsiders.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More