Three men charged in 2002 slaying of East Los Angeles teenager
Three men were charged with murder on Wednesday in connection with the death of a 15-year-old Brenda Sierra, whose body was found in the San Bernardino Mountains more than a decade ago.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced that 30-year-old Eddie Chavira, 35-year-old Daniel Cervantes and 35-year-old George Barraza were charged with the murder, along with co-defendant 28-year-old Rosemary Chavira, who pleaded not guilty to the teen's murder in March.
The District Attorney's office said Eddie, Daniel and George Barraza conspired with Rosemary Chavira for killing the teenager after she witnessed a shooting. Barraza is still at large, while Eddie is currently in prison on an unrelated homicide conviction.
Sierra, a 15-year-old sophomore at Schurr High School, disappeared on October 18, 2002, while she was on her way to a friend's home in East Los Angeles. Her body was found on October 19 in the San Bernardino Mountains. A postmortem report revealed that she had been raped and died of blunt-force trauma to the head.
The shocking case went cold until earlier this year, when L.A. police arrested Rosemary Chavira in connection with the teen's murder.
No arraignment date was set for Eddie Chavira or Cervantes. Barraza is still at large. Prosecutors haven't yet decided whether to seek the capital punishment for the suspects.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More