San Francisco gay couple obtains marriage license from Rowan County clerk’s office
A gay couple from San Francisco recently obtained a marriage license from Rowan County's clerk's office, and got married in a small ceremony at Morehead State University in Kentucky.
Mark Shrayber and Allen Corona, who received their marriage license on September 8, are the first couple to complete the required paperwork to be married in the county since the clerk's office restarted processing licenses.
The couple returned to the county clerk's office on September 9 to file the license with the office, per legal protocol in the state. The couple claimed that they received encouraging response from residents.
The couple obtained the license on the same day as county clerk Kim Davis was from jail. She was arrested and sent to jail five days ago on contempt charges for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses because of her religious beliefs against homosexuality.
A U. S. District judge issued release orders for her on the condition that she would not prevent her deputies from issuing licenses to same-sex couples. It may be noted here that the U. S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in June this year.
Davis will reportedly take a couple of days off from work to spend time with her family. She is expected to return to work this Friday or Monday next week.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More