L.A. student found dead in empty school bus identified
The teenager who was found dead in the back of an empty school bus in a Southern California depot last Friday has been identified by Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office as a 19-year-old special needs student named Hun Joon Lee.
Lee attended Whittier-based Sierra Education Center and regularly travelled by the bus. He used to leave the school at around 2:30 p.m. and arrive home at around 4 p.m. But he didn’t arrived home last Friday.
When his mother called the school authorities, they contacted the bus company. A driver was sent to search the bus parked in a yard across the street from the school, and found Lee dead in the bus.
Valerie Thorstenson, superintendent for the Whittier Union High School District, said, “This tragedy has devastated all of us. We are still gathering information about what happened. The district is calling for a speedy and thorough investigation to determine how something like this could happen.”
No signs of trauma were found on Lee’s body, and no weapons were found from the bus. But police investigators are treating the death as suspicious because the victim had no medical conditions.
Driver of the bus was detained and questioned, but later released. No arrests in connection with the case have thus far been made. An investigation is still underway.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More