Wired: Microsoft had made a Surface Mini tablet but never shipped it
According to a Wired report, Microsoft had built the rumored Surface Mini tablet, but did not ship out the device. If Microsoft has distributed the Surface Mini to the market, the tablet would have challenged Apple iPad Mini tablet.
Going by the Wired report, the disclosure - that a Surface Mini tablet had really been made by Microsoft - was made to the tech news site by Microsoft’s Surface team chief Panos Panay.
Confirming the existence of the rumored Surface Mini tablet which Microsoft did not launch on the market, Panay told Wired that the Surface Mini was a remarkable device which, unfortunately, did not see the light of the day.
As per the details shared by Panay with Wired, Microsoft decided against shipping the Surface Mini tablet; and launched the powerful new ‘Surface Book’ laptop instead. The Surface Book has been designed to dominate the PC market; and it went ‘out of stock’ within four days of the opening up of its preorders.
Meanwhile, so far as the never-released Microsoft Surface Mini tablet is concerned, Panay raved about the tablet while officially confirming to Wired that the device actually existed. Asserting that he simply loved the Surface Mini tablet, Panay said: "It was like a Moleskine. It was awesome."
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More