Microsoft hints at slower than three-times-a-year upgrade tempo for Windows 10
Software giant Microsoft has recently hinted that its upgrade tempo for its latest Windows 10 OS -- which was launched by the company in July this year -- will probably be slower than its past ‘three times a year’ upgrade tempo.
Though Microsoft has been consistently citing a three-times-each-year upgrade frequency, a public documentation recently released by the company has revealed that the Windows 10 OS will likely have a ‘two-to-three-times annually’ upgrade release schedule.
The upgrade tempo referred to by Microsoft for Windows 10 OS implies that, on the slowest pace, the tempo would roughly translate to an upgrade after a six-month period; and, on the fastest pace, it would translate to a nearly four-month period.
Hinting that an aggressive ‘three times a year’ upgrade tempo may not be sustained by the company for Windows 10 OS, Microsoft said -- in its newly-revised technical overview of the servicing options for the OS -- that it is adopting “a new model” so far as a annual upgrade frequency is concerned.
Microsoft further added in the public documentation: "Instead of new features being added only in new releases that happen every few years, the goal is to provide new features two to three times per year, continually providing new capabilities while maintaining a high level of hardware and application compatibility."
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More