Microsoft’s Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 550 handsets to hit Australia next month
Microsoft has announced that it newest Lumia handsets - Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and Lumia 550 – will be available for purchase in Australia in December.
The Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL handsets are Microsoft’s latest flagship Lumia smartphones; while the Lumia 550 is a mid-range handset. All the three new Lumia handsets were announced at a product launch event held by Microsoft in October; and are expected to launch in the US on November 20.
Though there has thus far been no official announcement from Australian carriers about the forthcoming availability of the new Lumia handsets, the disclosure by Microsoft implies that the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and Lumia 550 smartphones are set to hit the Australian market next month.
According to Microsoft’s announcement, the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and Lumia 550 handsets will be available at Australian retailers starting December 7, 2015. Microsoft's regional online store already lists the unlocked versions of the Lumia 950 and 950 XL handsets as currently available for preorder. However, customers who preorder the handsets will not have the devices shipped to them before December 8.
Going by the pricing details shared by Microsoft Australia, the 5.2-inch Lumia 950 handset will be priced at AU$999; and the 5.7-inch Lumia 950XL will cost AU$1,129. The 4.7-inch Lumia 550 handset – which has not yet been listed for preorder - will be priced at AU$196.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More