Microsoft releases ‘Cortana’ versions for iOS, Android, and Cyanogen devices
In a recent announcement, Microsoft has revealed that it expanding the availability of its ‘Cortana’ personal digital assistant to more mobile devices.
The announcement by Microsoft implies that the company is keeping the promise which it made in May to make the Cortana experience available to users across mobile devices as well as PCs. Towards that end, Microsoft had committed in May that it will launch Cortana versions for iOS, Android, and Cyanogen devices, in addition to Windows 10 PCs on which Cortana was first introduced.
According to the announcement made by Microsoft, the Cortana app is now available in the US and China for iPhone models with iOS 8 and higher; and for Android devices running Android OS version 4.1.2 and up.
In addition, Microsoft has also revealed that the Cortana functionality will be made available for the US users of One Plus One handsets -- powered by the Android-based Cyanogen OS -- later this month, through a 12.1.1 over-the-air update.
About Microsoft’s move to expand Cortana availability to more mobile devices, Marcus Ash -- group program manager for Cortana -- said in a Thursday blog post that “Cortana was created to be a truly personal digital assistant -- available on the go, no matter where or when you need help, and on whatever device you carry;” and added: “That’s why it’s important to us that we bring Cortana to not only the Windows 10 ecosystem, but to other platforms.”
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More