Apple iPad Pro vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Specs and price comparison
Tech giants Apple and Microsoft have been touting their latest tablets – the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro 4 – as worthy replacements for traditional laptops, highlighting the fact that the tablets can pose a significant challenge to the power and performance of laptops.
The 12.9-inch iPad Pro tablet is the biggest-ever tablet to be manufactured by Apple thus far. The device, featuring a display with 264 pixels per inch (ppi), is largely aimed at business users. However, the tablet is powered by Apple’s mobile processor A9X, and it runs the company’s iOS mobile operating system.
The Surface Pro 4, on the other hand, comes with a 267 ppi display and runs Microsoft’s new Windows 10 OS. The tablet uses the same processor as laptops, to offer a full-computer experience; and is upgradable to up to an Intel Core i7 processor.
So far as the RAM of the iPad Pro and Surface Pro 4 tablets is concerned, the iPad Pro boasts 4GB of RAM; while Surface Pro 4 comes with different options in RAM, with the base model of the tablet offering 4GB RAM. In terms of onboard storage capacity, the iPad Pro tablet comes in 32GB or 128GB variants; whereas the Surface Pro 4 begins at 256GB of storage, with its top model offering a whopping 1TB storage capacity.
The cost of the entry-level iPad Pro is $799; while the entry-level model of Surface Pro 4 is priced at $899.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More