Pennsylvania: Imprisonment to Man with HIV for Having Unprotected Sex with 3 Women
On Wednesday, a Pennsylvania man with HIV came to know the consequences of having unprotected sex when he was sentenced 33 to 66 months in jail. This is the second time when he has been sentenced imprisonment for the offense.
The 26-year-old man, Ricky Webster, found guilty for having unprotected sex with three women without telling them about his HIV. Webster from Wilson will also face 24 months of probation. During sentencing, the man expressed remorse, but the judge decided not to amend the decision.
“This ranks among the most cowardly of human acts. What he did, what Ricky Webster did, was to steal the lives of these young girls”, said Senior Judge Leonard N. Zito. Nobody from Mr. Webster’s side commented on the imprisonment.
According to reports, Webster, who was born with HIV, once featured in reports showing kids spending life with the deadly virus. It is not clear whether the man was receiving any treatment to reduce the virus that causes AIDS or not. The AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania, although Pennsylvania doesn’t have any law that criminalizes the transmission of the virus, some general laws can be implemented in cases like Webster’s.
Lehigh Valley Live reported that the three women who have been found to have unprotected sex with Webster are not tested positive for HIV, but the testing period is still not expired. Before this, Mr. Webster was sentenced in 2014 four years imprisonment for not telling two of his sexual partners about his condition.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More