Apple’s device comprised 49.1% of new device activations in Dec 19-25 week
According to the statistics published by Yahoo-owned mobile analytics firm Flurry on Monday, Apple iPhone and iPad together accounted for more than 49 percent of all new device activations in the week of December 19 to December 25.
Going by the figures collected by Flurry for the week leading up to Christmas, nearly 49.1 percent of all new devices activated during the mentioned week were Apple devices. The figures indicate that Apple dominated new mobile device activations in the mentioned week.
However, in comparison to the 2014 figures for the same week, Apple’s performance witnessed a plunge of 2.2 percentage points this year. Last year, the iPhone and iPad together comprised nearly 51.3 percent of all new device activations for the week before Christmas.
The latest Flurry statistics also show that the second-ranking mobile-device vendor in terms of new device activations for the December 19-25 week was Samsung. The South Korean company accounted for nearly 19.8 percent of all new device activations this year; thereby witnessing an increase of 2.1 percent as compared to last year.
The third-ranking company was Nokia, which accounted for 2 percent device activations in the December 19-25 week; followed by LG and Xiaomi in the fourth and fifth place, with 1.7 percent and 1.5 percent share of new device activations respectively.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More