Debian Linux founder Ian Murdock dies at 42; in apparent suicide
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week statement post on the company’s blog that software engineer Ian Murdock -- the founder of Debian Linux, and later a senior Docker executive -- died on the night of Monday, December 28. Murdock was 42.
Mourning the death of Murdock, Golub said in the blog post that his demise is “a tragic loss for his family, for the Docker community, and the broader open source world.”
Though Golub did not disclose the circumstances leading to Murdock’s death, it is believed that he died in an apparent suicide, after recent violent encounters with the San Francisco police during the past weekend. Murdock’s run-ins with police were a result of his attempts to break into a home on Saturday; and banging at the door of the same home again on Sunday.
Concerns about Murdock’s well-being mounted on Sunday, when he vaguely described -- in several distressing posts on Twitter -- his encounters with San Francisco police.
Murdock said in one of the Twitter posts that the police officials had beaten him up and sexually assaulted him during an arrest. In one of the tweets he said: “The police are uneducated, evil, and sadistic. Do not trust them.” Moreover, in a distressing Monday tweet, Murdock alluded to suicide, when he said: "I’m committing suicide tonight."
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More