SimCity™: Complete Edition
By Aspyr Media, Inc.
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
• IMPORTANT: SimCity™: Complete Edition for the Mac App Store is the offline single player version of the game. •
The definitive city simulator arrives on the Mac App Store!
Experience the newest version of SimCity™ - the greatest city-simulator of all time. This Complete Edition is packed with an expanded core game PLUS:
• SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow expansion pack
• Amusement Park
• Airship Set
• Heroes and Villains Set
• French, British and German City sets.
Create the city you desire and make choices that will shape your city and the Sims in it. Focus on industry, or consumerism and your economy will soar – but at the expense of your Sims' health as pollution spreads. Implement green technology and improve your Sims’ lives while risking higher taxes and unemployment. The choice is yours.
• Additional information about SimCity™: Complete Edition •
If you encounter problems playing the game, please visit support.aspyr.com. Our Customer Support team is happy and eager to help. Your feedback helps us make better games.
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 2.2 GHz CPU Speed | 4 GB RAM | 12 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon HD 2600 | (NVidia): GeForce 8800 | (Intel): HD 3000 | 256 MB VRam
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for SimCity: Complete Edition:
•ATI RADEON X1000 series, HD 2400
•NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series, 8600M, 9400M
•Intel Integrated GMA series
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (CaseSensitive)
© 2017 Electronic Arts Inc. Electronic Arts, SimCity, EA, EA GAMES, the EA GAMES logo, Maxis and the Maxis logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All Rights Reserved. EA GAMES™ and Maxis™ are Electronic Arts™ brands. Published and distributed by Aspyr Media, Inc. “Aspyr” and the Aspyr “star” logo are federally registered trademarks of Aspyr Media, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
What's new in Version 1.0.2
• Fixed an issue where items would show up as 'not in beta'.
• Fixed an issue where roads could not be upgraded to high density roads.
The best Sim City game yet!
I don’t know why so many people don’t like this game or why so many people are having problems with it crashing. I have owned this game for a while now and it never crashed once. Maybe their computer is too old or the operating system is too old. I have played all Sim City games and the first one was kinda fun but was horrible to todays standards and the graphics were extremely blocky. Sim City 2000 was a huge improvement and I played that game so much when I was growing up. I will be honest I never played Sim city 3000 but, watched a friend play it and he did not enjoy it at all. He prefered Sim City 2000. When I bought Sim City 4 I thought that game was amazing! the graphics were much better and the game play was much better and for a while I played it just about every day.
Now Sim City Complete Eddition is by far the best, even though my version of Sim City 4 won’t work on my new computer and I kinda miss it. It is fairly easy to play but, can get a little complicated at times. My favororite part is building the megatowers. Building the VU Tower and taking normal sims and converting them into criminals is fun. Watching the VU Mobile go by and creating chaos is kinda fun too.
I hope this review is helpful for most people
Needs optimization for Macs
I was excited to see that Simcity for Mac had its own port from the really bad EA version of the game. I had hopes that this would be a more optimized and playable version of the game. Unfortunatly I just paid $30 for a game that was essentially the same as my EA copy without any multiplayer features too. I just wish they took the time to actually do a well ported version of the game. I have a 15’ Retina Macbook pro and I even struggle to play it at medium settings at a 1200x800 resolution. I know the computer isnt getting pushed to its fullpotentiall cause at any given time during the games operation my cpu is anywhere from 70-80% idle. I know these computers are capable of running this game at much higher settings with a more consistent framerate. Especially at that resolution. Hopefully with the updates that they push out with this game, it will become more playable through optimizations Aspyr. As for now though my $30 investment into the game turned into a regret, especially considering I already owned the game from EA. For now id say stay away until they push out more updates that target performance. Its really sad considering its such a great game....More
Hot Glitchy Garbage
There are websites full of images and examples of bugs that EA has refused the fix. These examples are from FIVE YEARS AGO, and they still persist. The game is wonderful until you get anywhere near a population of 35,000 people, then the bugs become endless and cripple game play. I even decided to study up on all of the workarounds the player community developed to beat the bugs EA won’t fix, and the game does get interesting trying to work out new solutions, but then some other crippling bug or glitch arives and makes your entire city unplayable.
- Buildings destroy themselves, leaving roads you can’t delete, and can’t do anything with. They just sit there, in the middle of the ground, FOREVER.
- Your students disappear, or suddenly stop going to school for no reason. The population gets dumb, and starts moving out.
- About two great works projects can never be completed on some of the maps without outside fixes.
- Some of the great works … DON’T WORK plain and simple.
- Megatower population is challenging, but they become upset for no clear reason and when they do give a reason it doesn’t match up with the data the game provides (e.g. they move out because “they need work” but there are thousands of jobs available INSIDE OF THE MEGATOWER.)
I wouldn’t buy this game until the developer actively FIXES many of the glitches that’ve existed since 2013 and 2014.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $29.99
- Category: Games (Mac)
- Updated: Mar 30, 2015
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 4.46 GB
- Language: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Aspyr Media, Inc.
- © 2017 Aspyr Media Inc
Requirements: OS X 10.8.5 or later