Downtown Grand Rapids being adorned with vintage Christmas decorations
Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. has partnered with Fubble Entertainment to adorn some downtown areas with vintage Christmas decorations.
The old Grand Rapids Public Museum on Jefferson Avenue SE and some other sites will be adorned with some original holiday decorations that adorned downtown streets as back as in the 1950s.
One of the vintage decorations is a restored car from the train which ran for many years inside Herpolsheimer's department store that ones occupied the Monroe Center building, which now houses Grand Rapids Police Department.
Vintage decorations and old-fashioned, glass-bulb Christmas lights are also being installed along many of the city's streets. Tinsel-covered icons have already been installed.
Speaking about the vintage decorations, Teresa Thome of Fubble Entertainment said, "There was such a connection that happened in the '50s, '60s and '70s. For people who are having these memories, it is a shared experience."
One of the 'insane' decorations is recreation of a 16-foot candle that once used to stand in the middle of Fulton Street at downtown Sheldon Avenue. Thome said they were excited to install the candle because it was part of the city's legend. The candle will be installed in Veteran's Park on Fulton Street close to Division on Wednesday.
Thome and Ziegler of Fubble are currently working on a film project called "The Santa Hat." Set in the late 1960s, the film includes a fictional department store called "Herpolburg's." Ziegler said part of the impulsion behind the vintage Christmas decorations was to do something for the Grand Rapids community while the film is under development.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More