Better sleep linked to higher libido among women in University of Michigan Research
Women who sleep more than average, have higher libido, according to latest study results released by research team at the University of Michigan Sleep and Circadian Research Laboratory. The research team asked 171 female participants to record their sleep pattern, time and sexual desire for two weeks.
Over the two weeks, level of arousal, quality of sleep, sleep hours and sexual activity during the last 24 hours was recorded on a daily basis. Women who slept an hour extra than average, were found with higher sexual desire.
After having a better sleep, the chance of engaging in sexual activity was higher by 14 percent, the next day. The research team also accounted for tiredness, age and feelings of happiness or sadness among the study individuals. The research team has not indicated anything regarding what could be reason for heightened sexual desire. Earlier studies have linked sleep with change in hormone levels, which could increase libido.
Study lead author David Kalmbach said, “Our study showed that good sleep is important for healthy sexual desire and arousal in women, even when women are mentally and medically healthy. I think these findings suggest that taking a closer look at sleep health in women with sexual complaints is a worthwhile endeavor as poor sleep may lead to sexual problems."
The detailed study results have been published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
- National Bank of Ukraine unveils illegal betting payments processed by Leo payment system
- Musk compares chip shortage to toilet paper shortage at start of COVID-19 pandemic
- SparkCharge to offer next-generation mobile charging for just $25 per month
- Gillig receives over $44M contract for 44 electric buses from UTA and Park City Transit
- Nuvve partners with Romeo Power to accelerate V2G adoption by commercial EVs
New Zealand News
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More