Ford expands Recall to Include 156,000 More Vehicles over Door Latch Issues
A recall by Ford Motor Co has now been expanded to include 156,000 more vehicles to repair a potential door latch malfunction. Certain Ford Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ models are included in the recalls. The models made between are included in the recalls.
A recall came from the company last week for nearly 390,000 of the three vehicle models in North America in relation to the same issue.
Ford said that a risk of injury is posed by the potential unlatching of the driver’s door while the car is in motion. Ford said that it got to know about two incidents, wherein a driver was struck after an unlatched door bounced back and another involved opening of an unlatched door and hitting another vehicle.
Ford and Lincoln dealers will replace all door latches for free of cost in cars being recalled. The recall is likely to take effect on June 1 when owners will begin receiving notices in the mail letter.
You can give a call at 1-866-436-7332 to reach Ford's customer service and Lincoln's customer service number is 1-800-521-4140.
The recall now includes nearly 545,906 vehicles, including 456,440 found in the US and its territories, 50,681 in Canada and 38,785 in Mexico.
- National Bank of Ukraine unveils illegal betting payments processed by Leo payment system
- Musk compares chip shortage to toilet paper shortage at start of COVID-19 pandemic
- SparkCharge to offer next-generation mobile charging for just $25 per month
- Gillig receives over $44M contract for 44 electric buses from UTA and Park City Transit
- Nuvve partners with Romeo Power to accelerate V2G adoption by commercial EVs
New Zealand News
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More