Ford will be first automaker to test its self-driving vehicle at Mcity campus
In a recent statement, the University of Michigan (U-M)’s Mobility Transformation Center has revealed that bigwig automaker Ford will be the first automaker to test its self-driving vehicle at the Mcity campus.
The Mcity campus is a 32-acre simulated urban and suburban automated and connected vehicle testing site on the Ann Arbor school's North Campus. The campus offers a safe space for carrying out the testing of self-driving vehicles, as it is essentially a simulated city featuring intersections, traffic signs and signals, streetlights, sidewalks, building facades, and construction barriers.
The Mcity campus is part of the U-M’s Mobility Transformation Center. The facility was opened n July this year, to enable automakers to run their self-driving vehicles through its paces. The simulated city can also be used by suppliers, telecommunications and other companies that are experimenting with different aspects of self-driving vehicle technology.
The vehicle which Ford will test at the Mcity campus will be the company’s Fusion Hybrid Autonomous Research Vehicle. The vehicle is part of Ford’s project focused on the development of sensing and computing technologies, and refining algorithms.
About testing of Ford’s self-driving vehicle at the Mcity campus, Raj Nair -- the VP of Global Product Development at the Ford group -- said: “Testing Ford’s autonomous vehicle fleet at Mcity provides another challenging, yet safe, urban environment to repeatedly check and hone these new technologies.”
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More