Michigan facing major issues due to Climate Change
Today, almost every part of the world is facing effects of climate change. Rise in sea levels, loss of sea ice, droughts and intense heat waves are some of the observable consequences of global climate change. Like other places, Michigan is also a victim of changing climate. Warmer temperatures, shrinking icy lake, intense storms and problems in farming are some of the effects of climate change that Michigan is currently experiencing.
Several studies and experts have already linked global warming to humans. According to them, global warming is manmade, and if it is not controlled, future will be very tough for next generations. Burning of fossil fuels and increased heat-trapping gases in the earth’s atmosphere are making the planet hotter.
As per studies, the global average temperature has risen about two degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. Global sea levels have risen approximately eight inches in the same time due to melting glaciers and melting sea ice. A last year report ‘Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment’ revealed that Michigan’s annual average temperature has risen about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit from 1895 to 2013.
Sea levels have been rising due to global warming, but experts are not sure whether lake levels will also rise. Some predict that sea levels will rise, while the Great Lakes’ can have lower water levels due to climate change.
It has been found that due to warmer lake waters and warmer temperature, more water is evaporating. The evaporated water comes down in extreme rainfall events. Apart from extreme rainfall, Michigan is experiencing problems like algal blooms and shrinking lake ice.
- KORE Power to build 12 GWh lithium-ion battery plant in Arizona
- Casino Revenues Recover After COVID-19 Shock
- Federal appeals court allows Cayuga Nation to operate Class II gaming parlor in Union Springs
- COVID-19 cost Las Vegas $34 billion in total economic impact: LVCVA
- Texas sports betting legalization appears to be only matter of time: Jerry Jones
New Zealand News
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
The Rivers Casino in the Pittsburgh area is once...Read More
Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice, an 85-year-old man...Read More
Georgia is one of the few states in the US that...Read More
A fifty-year-old Michigan man seems to be double-...Read More
The Pokagon Gaming Authority has approved Four...Read More
Casinos in Detroit, once permitted to resume by...Read More