Earth’s Magnetic Field won’t flip in near Future: Study
A new study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences this week announced that geomagnetic field of earth won’t flip within human lifetime. The planet’s magnetic field that extends from the interior of earth to where it meets the solar wind may be getting weaker, but it is still above the long-term average, as per the study.
Dennis Kent, a paleomagnetism expert and an author of the study, said the geomagnetic field of earth may ‘go back the other direction’ in about a century. The magnetic field is the prime reason life exists on earth. Without it, our planet would be a barren world.
Scientists believe Mars had ocean of water more than 4 billion years ago. A recent study by NASA suggested the Red Planet lost more than 80% surface water when its atmosphere was stripped by solar wind of the sun. Presently, there is no inner dynamo on Mars than can create geomagnetic field.
A 2014 study showed that magnetic field of earth is weakening, and now it is 10 times faster than it was in the past. This magnetic field prevents the planet against the sun’s harmful cosmic rays and solar wind. Weaker magnetic field allows more harmful radiations to go through it and cause damage to power grids and communication platforms.
As per researchers in the new study, they used a new technique to notice changes in magnetic field. “The results fit expectations that the intensity of the earth’s magnetic field should be twice at the equator”, they said.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More