Fiat Chrysler to Recall SUVs over Fire Threat
Fire threat in four models of its SUVs has forced Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV to issue a recall for 570,000 vehicles associated with two programs. The recalls have been announced owing to issues with vanity mirror wiring and a low-pressure hose. The recalls come amidst the Italian American automaker being scrutinized by the US regulators over safety concerns.
The automaker will recall 477,000 vehicles of its 2011-2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUV models. The recall has been initiated following an investigation of the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in May to verify the risk of fire in vehicles that were serviced during a previous recall. The automaker revealed that 0.02% vehicles, that were serviced earlier, got overheated. Fiat Chrysler also said that failure to follow the recall will create strong possibility of short-circuit. The SUVs’ overhead lining will be secured with a new adhesive by dealers.
The second recall campaign involves 93,000 SUVs of 2015 Jeep Compass and Patriot. This recall involves the examination and replacement (wherever required) of the clamp that safeguards a low-pressure return hose. The automaker reported that dislocated clamps in few SUVs, which were rolled out during first five months of 2015. The dislocation can result in rapid loss of power steering fluid, thereby causing threat for fire. Customers are also expected to face issues with steering.
This recall comes in the middle of the automaker already paying a fine of $70 million owing to the failure of reporting deaths and injuries associated with its vehicles since 2003.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More